Temporarily Closed Taxiways. Place barricades outside the safety area of intersecting taxiways. For runway/taxiway intersections, place an X at the entrance to the closed taxiway from the runway. If the taxiway will be closed for an extended period, obliterate taxiway centerline markings, including runway leadoff lines and taxiway to taxiway turns, leading to the closed section. Always obliterate runway lead-off lines for high speed exits, regardless of the duration of the closure. If the centerline markings will be reused upon reopening the taxiway, it is preferable to paint over the marking. This will result in less damage to the pavement when the upper layer of paint is ultimately removed.
Permanently Closed Taxiways. AC 150/5300-13 Airport Design, notes that it is preferable to remove the pavement, but for pavement that is to remain, place an X at the entrance to both ends of the closed section. Obliterate taxiway centerline markings, including runway leadoff lines, leading to the closed taxiway.
- Meets FAA A/C 150/5370-2G
- Our heavy-duty taxiway closure markings have a high abrasion resistance, high tear strength, and are excellent for repeated use in the harshest conditions.
- 11×11 count weave, 10oz per sq yd
- These markings are UV resistant and resist oil, acid, grease and mildew.
- Spur grommets 24” centers allow attachment in high wind situations or long-term deployment.
- One set includes two 5’ x 30’ pieces that can be used to create one taxiway sized X.