Surface temperature combined with friction values are critical information for airports to ensure safe landing conditions. It’s also important for runway maintenance to optimize cleaning and de-icing.
The Skiddometer CFME system can be equipped with surface temperature meter. It’s a great addition to determine surface conditions. A small meter is attached behind the Skiddometer BV11 trailer or Skiddometer BV11 VI pick-up truck. Temperature information can be seen and printed together with friction information on measuring computer.
Surface Temperature Meter
• Sensor type: Skiddometer Airport and Road Surface Temperature Sensor
• Temperature range: -30 … 50 °C
• Power supply: 9 … 30 VDC, power from Skiddometer
• Power consumption: about 1 W
• Measures: length 270 mm, diameter 40 mm, weight 700 g (sensor part only)
• Accuracy of measurement: Estimated absolute accuracy is 0.3 °C (0.6 °F), when the difference between the surface temperature and the ambient temperature is less than 5 °C
• Resolution of measurement: 0.1 °C (0.2 °F)
• Internal noise level: about 0.3 °C (0.6 °F) with 1 second response time
• Installation: magnetic fixing on steel surfaces of a vehicle or by using an M8 bolt, power from Skiddometer
• Data transmission: Cable connection to Skiddometer databox, from databox to computer wireless or by cable
• Surface temperature values are stored and printed together with friction values
• Values can be exported together with other info as length, speed, friction and gps coordinates
• Temperature value is seen on the screen all time during measurement