Skiddometer BV11 VI
The Skiddometer BV11 VI (Vehicle Integration) is the latest innovation in friction measurement. Skiddometer proven technology has been adapted to use a electrical lift system with the Skiddometer BV11 and the Skiddometer Touch Screen computer, to provide better vehicle integration.
This new and simple construction allows the Skiddometer unit to be installed easily on any brand of pickup truck available on the market without modifications to the vehicle itself. Friction measurement can take place during the worst possible weather conditions, and now any vehicle can be used to perform the measurement, including safe four-wheel drives designed for such conditions. Also the ground clearance from measuring wheel is high which allows regular driving with the vehicle.
What you get
- Well proven Skiddometer BV11 and the Skiddometer Touch Screen Computer
- Installation on any pickup truck
- No modifications needed to the vehicle (no effect on warranty)
- Simple and robust construction, using Load-Sense electrical actuator for lifting and lowering the measuring wheel
- A wide selection of configuration options
- Unique self zero adjustment.
- High ground clearance from measuring wheel
- A four-wheel drive provides more efficiency and safety for the operator
- Worst possible conditions will not compromise operation or safety
- Good visibility due to higher cabins
- Durable aluminum water tank outside of the vehicle
- Ensure that the flight control and pilots have the correct friction information for landing and takeoff (enough runway to make the aircraft come to a complete stop before the runway ends).
Low life cycle cost
- Can be easily installed to any brand or type of pickup truck
- Utilization of existing or rental vehicles is possible
- Precise information on when to take necessary actions to remove rubber, snow, ice etc. Savings in maintenance cost.
- Precise information on the surface structure of the runway and whether it needs to be improved. Savings in maintenance cost.
INTEGRATED Self-wetting system
Besides using the Skiddometer during rain, slush, and snow conditions (operational use), the Skiddometer is also used for checking the runway surface condition and “rubber build-ups” (Runway Calibration), i.e. measuring wet friction at a water depth of one millimeter. This measurement is based on recommendations of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and ASTM standard E 1960 – 98. Based on the authorities recommendations, the surface should be inspected regularly and the trend should be monitored.
Since wet pavement always yields the lowest friction measurements, we offer a self-wetting system which simulates wet pavement surface conditions and provides the operator with a continuous record of friction values along the length of the runway. The integrated electrical water pump, nozzle and tank are designed to provide a uniform water depth of 1 mm (0.04 inches) in front of the friction measuring tire. This wetted surface produces friction values that are most meaningful in determining whether or not corrective actions are required.
The Skiddometer BV11 Continuous Friction Measuring Equipment (CFME) is approved and recommended by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Similar systems on the market are still comparison tested with the Skiddometer, originally launched in 1968. Moventor is assessed and certified as meeting the requirements of ISO 9001 Quality Management System and ISO 14001 Enviromental Management System.